This two-hour class offers real world strategies and methods designed for those ages 60 and up who are preparing for retirement or are in the early stages of retirement and planning on filing for their Social Security benefits. This workshop is designed to take the confusion out of the many different options available to begin receiving Social Security income and help you determine which option is best for you. Whether you are married or single, upon completion you will know how to properly file for your Social Security benefits as well as how to choose the best filing option for your circumstances. You will also learn how income from other sources will affect the amount you are able to receive from Social Security and the tax implications involved.
What You Will Learn
- How to properly file for Social Security benefits
- How to maximize the amount you are eligible for
- How to avoid common mistakes people make when claiming their benefits
- How to optimize your assets to minimize or avoid paying taxes on your Social Security benefits
- How much income you can make and still draw Social Security
- How Social Security is taxed
- How to file and restrict benefits
- How to claim a spouse’s benefit even if divorced
- Workshop workbook and handouts
- Complimentary personal strategy session
Who Should Attend
- Individuals and couples wanting to gain more knowledge and training to help maximize their Social Security benefits
- People who simply want to better understand how to file for Social Security
Information and Legal Disclosure about AFEA
AFEA, The American Financial Education Alliance, is recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization that provides educational workshops and classes in businesses and universities nationwide. Our Instructors are licensed and trained financial professionals with a minimum of five (5) years of real-world experience in their field. They have been required to pass a series of training sessions on how to properly educate in a not-for-profit setting before becoming a Personal Financial Coach and Instructor with AFEA. AFEA courses and workshops do not promote or endorse any specific products or companies and no selling is allowed. AFEA educational workshops and courses are for general education only and are not intended to be construed as Investment, Tax, Legal or Financial Advice. Attendees should seek the assistance of a professional familiar with the course prior to implementing any of the ideas and strategies taught or discussed in the course.
Hypothetical and/or actual historical returns contained in this presentation are for informational purposes only and are not intended to be an offer, solicitation, or recommendation. Rates of return are not guaranteed and are for illustrative purposes only.
Projected rates do not reflect the actual or expected performance within any example or financial product. Past performance does not guarantee future results.
This workshop is strictly informational; no products will be sold or endorsed at the class. The American Financial Education Alliance (AFEA) is not associated with the Social Security Administration or any other government agency.